Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sunday's Style

Sunday was Father's Day, of course, and I hope you all had a fantastic one! We had a wonderful day celebrating Larry's very first Daddy Day! (I'll be sharing more on that later.) Since it was a special occasion, I tried to pick out something a little extra cute for Solomon to wear to church. His outfits are actually starting to dwindle at this point, just because he is growing at the speed of light right now. Pretty much since six months old, when he started solids, he has been taking off in leaps and bounds.

... I'm continually removing items of clothing from his dresser and sitting them aside for any future boys. Thankfully and happily, up until now the vast majority of the clothes we have/had for Solomon have been hand-me-downs. The only thing we have ever bought him because we had to was sleepers. But now we're running low on clothes in his current size, so this weekend I hope to hit some thrift stores and yard sales, and see if I can find some treasures. But I digress ...


I managed to pull out a cute little button-up shirt from Gymboree, passed down from my nephews I believe. I paired it with these pants that I love because they are made to look like dark washed jeans, but are actually soft cotton pants. They were given to us by our wonderful friend from church, Peggy Powell. They've also lasted forever, which is always fantastic! To finish the outfit, we put tennis shoes on Solomon for the first time. Oh the cuteness! They were also passed down from his cousin, Brody.


I had to be at church early that day, so Larry got the boy ready (and snapped these pictures!) and brought him with him to the second service. When I saw them come in, he looked even cuter than I expected! Such a little man!


Go check out all the other cuties featured on Small Style at Mama Loves Papa!

12 comments:

Lil Muse Lily said...

oh my goodness.... how cute is he???? love his hair!

Jessie said...

I love it! What an adorable outfit and that hair! It still has me smiling :)

Adventures In Babywearing said...

This is the cutest thing.

Steph

Yellow Finch Designs said...

ok, he couldn't be any cuter!!

Tara said...

How cute! I love bebes in tennies!!

Tiffany said...

I just want to squeeze him and love him!! He is so sweet and I LOVE his hair.

Baby Shopaholic said...

WHAT A CUTIE! I want to eat those cheeks!

Corey Moortgat said...

Oh, what a cutie-pie! Love his little hair-do!

Kelly said...

Thanks thanks thanks to all of you Mamas!!! He has the best cheeks for kissin' doesn't he?! Kind of my hobby, actually :)

My husband spiked his hair all by himself, without me even asking, btw!

expatriababy said...

ah-DOR-able! I love the little mohawk. Too sweet.

Aubrei said...

He looks so cute! I love to spike my little guy's hair too.

Tysie said...

Oh my - what a handsome devil you've got there!