Friday, April 27, 2012

Pinned!!!


Kinda my new "thing", here lately, is using Pinterest as a cookbook. Like many other wives and moms I'm a sucker for a recipe that qualifies as easy, quick, and affordable. All three is the key! From the time my husband and I got married I've often turned to allrecipes.com for new recipes or meal ideas, and still do from time to time. Since I started pinning, though, it's just become so easy to find lots of different and unique yummy ideas, on a regular basis. Many of you know how addictive Pinterest can be, and all the more when you begin finding stuff that works - whether it be a craft idea, cleaning tip, inspirational quote, birthday party idea, or a delicious recipe. There's just sooo much there at your fingertips! If you're not pinning yet, get on it! It's a whole, ever-growing and changing idea book, right there on your phone or computer. If you need an invite, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to send you one!

Here are a few recipes I've tried recently, as well as our family's own personal little review (which I also added in the comments under each recipe pin on my "Foody" board, so I'll remember for next time I take a look) ... 

Healthy cheesy chicken and rice bake with black beans and corn. YUM
"Healthy cheesy chicken and rice bake with black beans and corn"
... but I wrote it on my recipe card as "Mexican Cheesy Chicken & Rice"

This is the first Pinterest recipe I tried and it was a hit!!! Everyone loved this, particularly my brother-in-law, and all of the kids ate it and liked it too - including Solomon, my niece, and both nephews. I liked that you had ingredients options and leeway to cater it to your own tastes. I thought I might add more corn next time, just because that's what we like.


"OMG Chicken"  Just mix Sour Cream or Yogurt (1/2 c) and parm cheese (1/4 c).  Spread over chicken breast in a baking dish, sprinkle italian bread crumbs on top and bake for 20-30 minutes.  SO moist and tasty!

I mostly picked this because it seemed so darn easy, and definitely was. It wasn't quite "OMG", but it was good. I served it with green beans (because we have 85,000 cans of them) and sliced carrots (because I was craving them), and crescent rolls (because they really are omg!). I think the biggest change to make would just be more seasoning, however you choose. Next time I will probably add salt and pepper, and possibly a little garlic powder. Not a difficult fix at all!


This sounds DELICIOUS!!!! Crockpot Italian Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning, 1 8 oz. cream cheese (softened), 2 cans cream of chicken soup; Cook on low for 4 hours. If sauce is too thick, add a little milk. Serve over pasta.

I just made this meal for my friend Paige and her husband Justin, who just had a brand new baby girl, Aveleen. It looked and sounded delicious to me (I was craving pasta at the time. Haha!), and really sold me because I could put it in the crock pot and time out my day since I had a few things planned that Saturday. I  was a little nervous sending this to them since it was my first time making it, and only got a small taste for myself just to be sure I wasn't sending them junk. She texted me this a little while after we had left her house
"OMG Kelly!!! This is so delicious!! I need the recipe!"
Score! Relief! I was so happy they were able to enjoy a good meal! Of course I happily directed her to my Pinterest board. I will definitely be making this again for my own family!


Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole

This one I made just this week, because I already had all the ingredients I needed. Love it when that happens! My mom always made baked spaghetti and it reminded me how much we used to love it. I don't think it was as great as what she made, but it was creamy and good. The cream cheese added a nice flavor and texture. I will make this again as well, but will put all the ingredients together, instead of layering like the recipe calls for. Oh, and next time I'll have garlic bread on the side!

Solomon loved it, and had two helpings!

Okay, I shared my tried and tested recipe finds, now you share yours! Especially if they qualify as the magic three, easyquickand affordable. I would love to know what some of your favorite things to feed your families are, so please leave them in the comments section for me and for anyone else who may be peeking in here. Thanks friends! 


**BONUS**

*Here's a link to my Pinterest boards. Feel free to follow, and we'll share pins!

*Here's a link to a super helpful blog post about getting started on Pinterest. Enjoy, and happy pinning!!!

2 comments:

Amateur Cook said...

You got me with the picture of that "Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole". That looks so appetizing!  ツ

Kelly said...

I agree! I hope you like it! :)